Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Mom Was Right

Mother's are full of great advise, ideas and always on the lookout for their kids. My mom is no different. She is a very gifted person who has a great artistic flare. It's not a surprise where I get some of my artistry from. My Mom has been one of the greatest supporters of my business and is always ready to be a tester of new products.
 As I was getting into bath bombs and raving about how fun they are, how amazing my skin felt, etc, my mom was dying to get her hands on one. Now there is a small hick up, as my mom lives in Costa Rica, where I grew up, and alas, has no bath tub. But as soon as she made a trip to visit, she indulged in a nice hot bath with a bath bomb in hand. She emerged, singing the praises of her experience. From there she started wishing long and hard that she could experience that luxury at home. But then again, she doesnt' have a bath tub. She does, however give herself a pedicure every Saturday in a small foot soaking pail.  What she really could use would be a bath bomb just the right size for her foot soak. Enter the Pedi Bomb.

I tried making a small round bath bomb with the small ends of two easter eggs, to get a round bomb, but those were too flimsy to hold up to molding. Then I decided the shape didnt' have to be round and I ended up moling them into small squares. I scenting them in Peppermint Eucalyptus, Lavender and Lemongrass. I then found some cute glass jars at Tuesday Morning and set them up with little paper sacks so cutomers could self serve how ever many they wanted, just like a candy bar. These have been a huge success! From people that want to try a bath bomb but don't want to invest in a full size one to others, like my mom, that don't take baths often or at all. I had several people buy them for their elderly relatives and then package them for Christmas with everything needed for a diy pedicure. I loved that idea!

Next time Mom came for a visit, I had a huge stash of Pedi Bombs just waiting for her to take home. Upon her retun home, I was begailed with pictures of her spa set up with her glass plate display for her bombs and tales of wonderful aromas greeting her at every soak.

So, as you can see, even as a grown adult, it pays to listen to Mom. She has a lot of great ideas, and I never have to worry about her intentions. After all, she is my Mommy.
Me, my Mom and my daughter.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you dear creative daughter of mine! I did send you a photo of the crystal plate with the Foot "Bombs" nestling on the back of my toilet. It makes the whole bathroom smell. This weekend I am hosting a women's retreat (here in Costa Rica of course) and I am going to pamper the women with a foot massage after soaking in hot water with the heavenly scent of foot-balm, compliments of Soap Doctor Soaps.

    ReplyDelete