Monday, July 11, 2016

Who is Soap Doctor Soaps?



When I first started Soap Doctor Soaps in 2015, my whole clientele and Facebook fan group was comprised of family and friends. Little by little, as the year went by, that number grew to people that I met at craft shows and vendor event. But then I found support groups on Facebook and also people found our Facebook page at random.  So, now, there a quite a number of people that I get to reach that really have no clue who I am. I figured it was about time I introduced myself!!

Me, my husband and youngest.

Hi, I’m Ashleigh Smith and I am the owner and chief evil mastermind, err, soap maker at Soap Doctor Soaps. I am 36 and only slightly look it. I have been married to my hot-as-hell husband, Nathan for 10 years. We have 4 children with number 5 making her debut in September, 2016. My kids range from age 8 to 1. We live in beautiful Tomball, TX which is so close to Houston you could spit on it, but still maintains a lot of the small town charm. We have a Main Street lined with antique shops and as a community, they always have some sort of parade, festival or excuse to get people together. I love where I live! All the conveniences of a big city with the open spaces and charm of rural life.

I am by Profession a medical doctor, by choice a stay-at-home Mom and homeschooler, and by pure blessing, a soap maker. Hence the Doctor is Soap Doctor Soaps. Everything we sell is made here in my home in my soaping studio. I will give ya’ll a tour one of these days. I kinda need to pick up and organize before I’m ready for the whole world to see where I work. I know where everything is, promise. I started Soap Doctor Soaps with soap, then ventured into bath bombs, bath salts and lip balms. My latest endeavors have been in bubble bars and lotions. There is so much out there to try and I plan on exploring them little by little.
My biggest fans, greatest inspirations and reasons to want to do business.

My desire for my business is to provide the community around me with a more natural, wholesome option for bath and body, all at a price that won’t make you hide the receipt from you husband or make you thing you are in serious need of a bank loan to support your habit. Each soap is different, fun and usable art. Emphasis on usable. I have loved seeing the difference the products have made for me and my family and love to hear stories of how it has affected others as well.

I hope this has given you a look into who and what Soap Doctor Soaps is. Tomorrow I will tell you all about how I started soaping.

Have a blessed day!

2 comments: