Friday, August 5, 2016

Texas Pride

If there is one thing that I have learned from living here in Texas, it's that Texans love Texas. They are very proud of their state and they love to display that in everything from bumper stickers to clothing choices. You can never go wrong with anything shaped like Texas. Now, I don't know if such state pride is a common thing everywhere. I certainly haven't lived in that many states, so I really can't compare. All my children have been born here in Texas, and I know that they will carry that same state pride with them wherever they go. Must be something in the water. ;)





A sturdy and detailed Silicone mold of Texas!
I recently had a great opportunity to purchase some very special silicone molds. Yes, you guessed it, shaped like the great state of Texas! These molds are really special because they are designed and sold by a fellow soaper that I had the privilege of meeting at the Lonestar Soap & Toiletries Seminar this past April. Mindy Curnutt designed these bad boys and they are available in two different sizes: Medium and Small. When an Amazon Flash Sale on the molds fell through, Mindy very graciously extended a discount for those of us that were interested in purchasing the molds. I didn't even think twice as I snagged three! I got the larger of the two sizes and am so very excited to get to soap with these. They are going to be a prefect size bar of soap. The mold itself is sturdy and flexible. I can see this used for so much more than just soap. Can you imagine a chocolate cake shaped like Texas dripping in ganache? Oh yum! Maybe I need to keep one mold for non-soaping projects....







I'm going to whip up a batch of soap in these bad boys today and will have reveal shots of the finished bars at a later date, since the soap needs to set for at least 24 hours before I can take it out of the molds. I want to be sure and give all the edges enough time to firm up so as to preserve the great detail that the mold offers.



 I am also going to make a video of the making and unmolding for this soap. I get to use my new camera for the first time, so wish me luck!! I'll be sure and link that for ya'll when it's ready. For now, enjoy a sneak peek at the soap in the mold.

Wet Soap Alert! This is scented in Oatmeal Milk and Honey fragrance. YUM!



If you would like to get one of these amazing molds for yourself, here is a link to it on Amazon: Texas Silicone Mold, Medium

No comments:

Post a Comment