Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Wedding Favors!



The bride came over and we decided on that the perfect favor for her big day was a guest size soap. She picked out the fragrance and the colors she wanted but left the rest up to me. What an honor! This was for a small wedding party, so I was able to work with the molds and supplies I had on hand. The size of the wedding played a big part in what I was able to do as far as packaging, because this would not be reproducible for a large number of favors. Other packaging options would have to be explored if we had needed, say, 50 or more.



I made a video of the making, cutting and packaging to these soaps and will link it here:



When all was said and done, I took a dark colored wicker basket, filled the bottom with tool that was in the same color scheme as the wedding favors and lined the favors inside. I got to personally deliver them to the reception since after all, I was invited. Ha! Would have crashed that party even if I wasn't! Ok, not really. I try to be very sensitive to special occasions and people's plans. But I was invited, so no harm, no foul. The bride was happy, the groom was happy, the guests were happy. And that was perfect. The best compliment payed me for the favors was when the mother of the bride came up, squeezed my hand and thanked me for making her daughters day as important to me as it was to her. What an honor. 
Scented in  White Tea and Ginger.

The guests have all gone home, the cakes been cut, the food eaten. And I'm sure, by now, the party favors have all been used up to. But the thing that remains is that a new path was forged by two very special people who have taken each other by the hand and started a new course together. And I got to be a part of the beginning of that legacy.


1 comment:

  1. I love soaps as wedding favors because they are so useful and easy to personalize and make special.

    ReplyDelete